- Go to your doctor as soon as you miss your periods.
- Confirm your pregnancy.
- Take your Folic
acid tablets regularly. They are essential for healthy growth and to
congenital malformations in your baby.
- Eat a healthy nutritious diet containing plenty of vegetables, fruits, milk products and fish.
- If you have
constipation, take plenty of fibre containing food like fruits, sprouts,
salads, nuts etc.
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water daily specially in summer.
- Avoid deep fried and processed foods as much as possible.
- Don’t take OTC medicines from the local pharmacist without consulting your doctor.
- Avoid Xrays and CT scans if possible.
- Eat multiple small meals rather than 2-3 big meals.
- Go for regular check ups even if you feel fine.
- Wear loose cotton dresses, specially in summer.
- Avoid picking up heavy loads.
- Do mild exercises like walking for 30 mins regularly ,unless your doctor asks you not to.
- Avoid strenuous / long distance journeys.